Applications Engineer, Southwest U.S.
Apera AI is seeking an Applications Engineer who can help customers succeed in implementing AI-powered robotic vision in their manufacturing facilities. Use your automation engineering knowledge and interpersonal skills to specify and design robotic workcells that expand how robots are used in advanced manufacturing.
Apera AI is seeking an Applications Engineer who can help customers succeed in implementing AI-powered robotic vision in their manufacturing facilities. Use your automation engineering knowledge and interpersonal skills to specify and design robotic workcells that expand how robots are used in advanced manufacturing. The successful application will reside in the Southwest U.S. region, preferably the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
About Apera AI
Apera AI helps manufacturers make their factories more flexible and productive. Robots enhanced with Vue robotic vision software have 4D Vision—the ability to see and handle objects with human-like capability. Challenging applications such as bin picking, sorting, packaging, and assembly are now open to fast, precise and reliable automation. Apera AI is led by an experienced team from high-growth companies focused on robotics, artificial intelligence, and advanced manufacturing.
Your role will include:
- Use your knowledge and creativity to specify and design robotic workcells using the company’s AI-powered vision software.
- Collaborate with our new and returning customers, Certified Partners and sales team to define customer problems and present possible solutions.
- Ensure customer success with the thorough transfer of successful proposals to the operations team for implementation.
- Define automation solutions for customers in industries such as automotive, aerospace, food and beverage, consumer packaged goods and more within applications such as robotic bin picking, packaging, machine tending and assembly.
- Write detailed technical proposals and presentations that connect Apera AI’s technological advantages with the customer’s key requirements.
- Communicate application knowledge and customer experience into the engineering team to enrich current and future product development.
- On a daily basis, employ your excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- This role may participate in special projects in support of other departments within the company.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards.
- 3-5 years of experience in automation, mechatronics, controls or a similar field.
- Clear verbal and written communicator in English, with second language as a bonus
- Bachelor or Masters degree in a technical field such as mechatronics, systems design or controls, or a technologist diploma with related experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of robotics, machine controls, automation principles and manufacturing processes.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Desirable experience with vision systems and Kuka-Fanuc-ABB robot programing
- Must to be located in the DFW Metro area (no relocation available)
What Apera AI offers
- Very competitive compensation consisting of salary plus commission.
- 401(k) plan
- Participation in the employee stock option plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- A career track with many growth opportunities at a fast-growing company.
- A creative work environment alongside an ambitious and talented team.