Robotics Solution Engineer
We are looking for a talented Robotics Solution Engineer with outstanding problem-solving skills to join our Solution Engineering team. You will be working with a small group of ambitious engineers and applied scientists who are building the future of robotic perception using some of the most exciting and challenging state of the art technologies in computer vision and machine learning. Your job will include:
- Designing and developing robotic automation solutions based on our award-winning vision software, Apera Vue
- Setting up robotic systems for demonstrating the capabilities of Apera Vue
- Designing and building custom grippers and jigs necessary for the demos
- Producing training materials for Apera Certification Program
- Producing training videos for system setup and configuration
- Mentoring and training new solution engineers
- Configuring customer’s hardware specification and components
- Implementing robot programs according to the customer’s specific needs
- Working directly with customers and going “above and beyond” to ensure success
- Being available for occasional support outside of the normal working hours
- Traveling occasionally to customer locations for onsite assistance
We are an AI technology company based in Vancouver, Canada, developing a novel machine vision technology that enables robots, automated guided vehicles, and personal robots to perform complex tasks with human-like vision.
In addition to our technology platform, we have a dedicated team of experienced technology specialists and scientists who are advancing our 4D Vision Platform.
We are directing our research, technology and marketing efforts to the global automotive sector and are targeting soft automation including consumer electronics, consumer products manufacturing and packaging automation.
You are motivated, talented, hardworking and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You enjoy making large impact at your company. You enjoy solving challenging problems rooted in real-world physics using science, imagination, creativity, and persistence.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in mechanical, mechatronics or systems engineering
- 2+ years of experience in system integration, automation design, or software development (or equivalent academic experience)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Good programming skills
- Knowledge of vision systems and vision-guided robotics
- Working knowledge of robot programming
- Experience with robot scripting languages
- Experience with robot simulation software
What we offer
- Very competitive compensation
- A career track with many growth opportunities at a fast-growing company
- Generous employee stock option plan
- A creative work environment alongside an ambitious and talented team