Senior Machine Learning / Computer Vision Applied Scientist
We are looking for a talented Senior Machine Learning and Computer Vision Applied Scientist with outstanding problem-solving skills to join our ML team. You will be working with a small group of ambitious engineers and applied scientists who are building the future of robotic perception using some of the most exciting and challenging state of the art technologies in computer vision and machine learning. Your job will include:
- Researching latest ML approaches to depth estimation, pose estimation, and anomaly detection
- Prototyping and benchmarking state of the art models against Apera’s baselines
- Architecting, training, and evaluating novel network architectures, customized to Apera’s set of problems
- Developing novel techniques to generate data for training neural networks
- Turning promising research papers into solutions with industrial reliability of 99.9%
We are an AI technology company based in Vancouver, Canada, developing a novel machine vision technology that enables robots, automated guided vehicles, and personal robots to perform complex tasks with human-like vision.
In addition to our technology platform, we have a dedicated team of experienced technology specialists and scientists who are advancing our 4D Vision Platform.
We are directing our research, technology and marketing efforts to the global automotive sector and are targeting soft automation including consumer electronics, consumer products manufacturing and packaging automation.
You are motivated, talented, hardworking and have an entrepreneurial spirit. You enjoy making large impact at your company. You enjoy solving challenging problems rooted in real-world physics using science, imagination, creativity, and persistence.
- Master’s or PHD degree (or equivalent experience) with focus on computer vision and machine learning
- 3+ years of experience in using ML for CV (or equivalent academic experience)
- 5+ years of experience in software development (or equivalent academic experience)
- Practical knowledge of deep learning techniques and trick
- Strong programming skills (data structure, algorithms, OO)
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with OpenCV library
- Practical knowledge of using ML to solve computer vision problems
- CUDA programming experience
- Deep-learning experience using PyTorch
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools
- Knowledgeable in 3D geometry
What we offer
- Very competitive compensation
- A career track with many growth opportunities at a fast-growing company
- Generous employee stock option plan
- A creative work environment alongside an ambitious and talented team